November news

Hey Family,
Things are great here in Maduriera. I would take pictures but my trainer said that my camera would probably disappear quickly, but I sneaked one picture of a hill that I had to walk up. It was dreadful and the person we were going to see wasn't there! The weather hasn't been hot for a while, but I am told the days are coming where it will be 115. It has actually been raining this past week. One day the wind was blowing so hard I saw people's umbrellas snapping and break. One day, I think it was Wednesday last week something funny happened. There were these kids behind this gate when we were knocking on someones door. They first asked where Elder Kezcizik was from. He said he was Brazilian. Then they looked at me and they asked if I was Mexican, I said no and then they asked if I was German, I tried not to laugh when I told them I was American. They didn't believe me at first so I spoke some English to them. I had the greatest experience this week. On October 30th we had a mission conference and guess who spoke? It was Elder Richard G. Scott. It was an amazing experience, all the missionaries got to shake his hand, I said I would never wash my hand again! He left us with a challenge; to write down everything we hear, see and feel. He specified mostly on what we feel, what we feel are personal revelations given to us through the spirit. He told us that your knowledge about the Savior will grow. I have been writing since he gave us the challenge and my knowledge has grown just like he said. I want to challenge every one to carry a journal, notebook with you everywhere you go, because you never know when the Lord will speak to you through your heart. It was an amazing experience to meet and be taught by an apostle of God. The language is going...alright. I can understand somethings ( they speak very fast) but it is really hard for me to speak to the people right now, patience... I've had opportunities to share spiritual thoughts and to teach short lessons to members. Last lesson I taught on how we always need to prepare and I shared with them the story about the "soldier who stood by" (Alma 44:12-14) It was amazing, I love that story. I also gave a spiritual thought in our district meeting. I spoke on how we need to serve with love and I used the scripture 1 Cor 13:2. I love giving spiritual thoughts and teaching the members. Well I love you all and miss you always '
Love, your son and brother Elder Turner
P.S. I saw my first Brazilian monkey, sorry no picture. It was sitting on the wall of an investigator's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment