First Baptism!

Hello!
It has been raining alot here, I bought an umbrella or in Portuguese an quardachuva. I am not getting too wet here, it's kind of funny because the umbrella only keeps my upper body dry, my legs and feet are another story. Sunday November 30th I had my first baptism!, it was amazing. His name is Daniel Braga dos Santos, 19 years old and is so cool. The first time we taught him I knew he would be baptized, he was full of the spirit when he came out of the water. We are trying to get the rest of the family baptized but it is kind of hard. His dad won't go to church, his mom won't read, his sister is starting to come around but she has alot of doubts about the church and his brother is having problems with h ow only through being baptized in the church of Jesus Christ can you be saved. Some of my favorite scriptures:3 Nephi 27:14, I use this scripture almost everytime I talk about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Moroni 9:6, this scripture talks about how we need to always work diligently especially in these last days. Alma 60:36 When Captain Moroni writes the leader of his enemies, saying that he doesn't glorify in power but glorifies in his God. I finished reading Jesus is the Christ and I am starting to read Our Search for Happiness by Russel Ballard. It's a really good book for an investigator. Well that is about all, Love Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment